Valencia Elementary Home and School Club Membership Meeting
Agenda for January 17, 2017
Welcome –– John Simms (1 min)
- December 2016 minutes will be circulated via Google Docs email ASAP for approval
- Question: Is Aron Kirkland planning to continue as Secretary?
- Deborah Matlow expressed interest in relinquishing VP of Academics title and taking over as Secretary if the position is available
Call to order and approval of minutes — John Simms (2 min)
Treasurer Report –– Lizzy Anderson (10 min)
- Checks were cut for VAPA teachers for supplies
- Most monies coming into school is from 4th grade field trips
- John Simms transferred money over from the Paypal account. This money came from the Invest in Valencia donation option on the Valencia Website
Principal Report –– Caryn Lane (10 min)
- Shared out information on MAP testing data and reports of academic progress
- School Site Plan has been revised to include additional intervention support for 4th grade cluster that is not progressing
- January Value theme continues as Best Effort. Next we are headed into Kindness and Compassion
- Rolling out Pennies for Patients and SOUPer Bowl fund & food drives in February
- 100th Day of School is February 6th
- Science Fair begins the Week of February 6th.
- Superintendent Rodriguez will be visiting Valencia in early February
- The First Pancake Breakfast was a success. Leftover citrus fruit from the Pancake Breakfast were donated to a local church for a giveaway.
Drive for Schools Recognition Assembly (5 min)
- Caryn Lane question: Is there a plan for any sort of recognition? Can pancake breakfast serve as the celebration?
- John Simms will check in with Darcy Pruitt to see if she has any specific plans
From Lydia: I have everything ready to go for letters to be sent out to teachers and parents. I would just need for the newsletter to have some mention that it is at the Seascape Golf Club, March 4 5:30-10:30pm.
- Follow up on Wireless Mic: An official quote needs to be submitted
- Has Kim DeSerpa forwarded information regarding grant writing?