Valencia Elementary Home and School Club Membership Meeting
Agenda for December 12, 2017.
Welcome and Introductions –– John Simms (1 min)
- Attending: John Simms, Deborah Matlow, Caryn Lane, Ana Bevir, Joanna Dang, Darcy Pruitt, Lydia Habr, Amanda Doherty, Julie Kenyon
Call to order and approval of minutes — John Simms (1 min)
- John made a motion to approve November minutes. Deborah seconded the motion. No opposing votes. Motion passed.
Treasurer Report –– Lizzy Anderson (10 min)
Winter events wrap up and thank you — John Simms (5 minutes)
- John thanked Amanda for attending the holiday event at the Polo Grounds. She managed a bake sale booth and raised $300+.
Shed — John Simms (20 min)
Present options to the board for the storage of Harvest Festival decorations. See attached document.
- We have 79 square feet worth of items to store. Unless we purge items we don’t use, we require at least a 10 ft. wide by 8 ft. deep shed. John presented the attached document with the possible scenarios.
- District construction may have an impact on placement location.
- John presented waiting on purchase until we purge items, then divide remaining items and store in temporary free locations. We will wait until the Measure L construction is complete before purchasing the sheds.
- All items must be out of the storage unit by January 15th, 2018.
Auction — Lydia Habr (10 min)
What action does the board need to take in preparation for our auction?
- March 17 at Seascape Golf Club from 5:30 – 10:30
- Lydia would like to deliver sponsor letters before the holidays
- The hope is classroom baskets can be completed by a room parent by February 18th. Classrooms without room parents can submit a name to Lydia and they will outreach to communities.
Pancakes and pajamas — Caryn Lane / John Simms (10 min)
Planning and organizing the event
- Pancakes, milk and juice
- Parent sign up is in the office and went out in a Principal’s email blast
Principal’s Report –– Caryn Lane (10 min)
- Sixth grade departed for science camp today 12/12.
- Kindness is the Value of the Month
- MAP (Measure of Progress) assessments are currently happening grades 2-5
Upcoming Class Fundraisers –– These events have crossed my email and I want everyone to be in the loop. Address any questions to John.
|5||4/19/2017||Open house dinner|
|1||5/4/2018||Katie Stanton||Art show and star wars music at Sand Bar in Capitola. 1st grade.|
Other Non Agenda Items
Darcy Pruitt evaluated the Haunted House materials for the Harvest Festival and would
like to purchase some new items. She will research and present costs to the board.