Valencia Elementary Home and School Club Membership Meeting
Agenda for February 13, 2017.
Welcome and Introductions –– John Simms (1 min)
Call to order and approval of minutes — John Simms (1 min)
- Deborah Matlow made a motion to approve the December 2017 meeting minutes. John Simms seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer Report –– Lizzy Anderson (10 min)
- Low account activity recently.
- Paid out only 2 checks: To John T. (accountant) and Mrs. G (library)
- Some 4th grade money coming in for Sacramento trip
Auction — Lydia Habr (20 min)
What action does the board need to take in preparation for our auction?
- Venue: Seascape Golf Club. Deposits have been made
- Childcare will be available and full meals can be provided
- Corkage fee is $2.50 per person. Lydia is hoping to acquire donations and / or sponsors to coverage the corkage fee.
- Lydia is still working with classroom teachers to organize baskets.
- There is a website live with a link to purchase tickets. It will be added to the Valencia school website.
- We need to sell at least 120 tickets to break even. Tickets are $50 per ticket or $90 per couple.
- On Tuesday 2/20, an Auction-only email will go out to the HSC email list
- On Monday 2/26, Caryn Lane will send a school messenger notice will go out
- 2 weeks out from the auction, a call for wine donations
Principal’s Report –– Caryn Lane (10 min)
- Assessments are in full swing: GATE, LPAC (2nd language), 6th Grade math performance task, 3-5 Writing performance task upcoming in March
- Road update: was supposed to be completed today, now updated to “near future”
- Power of One Assembly: positive feedback was received
- Meet the Masters: new artist: John Lawrence. Parent training will be tomorrow.
- Leadership: 6th graders are passionate about kindness and charity, but there has been an overflow of events. Next year it will be streamlined to one kindness event per trimester.
- The school Speech Therapist was out on medical leave for several weeks and submitted her resignation last week. The district is working with Caryn to find a replacement.
Upcoming Class Fundraisers –– These events have crossed my email and I want everyone to be in the loop. Address any questions to John.
|5||4/19/2017||Open house dinner|
|1||5/4/2018||Katie Stanton||Art show and star wars music at Sand Bar in Capitola. 1st grade.|